I want to apologize for not getting this tour stop up yesterday. I complete spazzed and there is no excuse for it. My review is here and there is a giveaway for a Hoodie with the Bloodstone Heart Logo on the front, in black. Please leave a comment and email address for a chance to win. The next stop on the tour is at http://tstillwagon.wordpress.com. Without further ado, T. Lynne's answers to my questions:
Top ten things you don't know about me:
1. Cotton or Silk? Yikes…Love both but probably cotton. Anyone who knows me will almost always find me casually dressed (usually in jeans and a t-shirt)
2. Champagne/beer/wine? Beer here…Used to make it too before my husband and I got married.
3. Plotter/pantser? More of the time “Seat of my Pantser”, but in other areas of my life you’ll find me with about thirty post it notes with lists all over them.
4. Describe your workspace: I know this is weird but I do most of my writing on the bed with 1-3 cats and our newfoundland dog.
5. Sports fan or just tolerate it? Tolerate. I don’t dislike sports just don’t go out of my way to watch it.
6 Favorite vacation destination? Northern Europe and Alaska are my favs. I fry in the sun and look horrible in a bathing suit, so the cold suits me.
7. Favorite food – Pasta then Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia – not together but in succession.
8. When did you start writing? Summer of 2009
9. If money were no object, where would you like to live? I think I would still live in California, but I would several houses. One near the beach, one near Tahoe and maybe a piazza in Venice – Good thing dreaming is free.
10. What's next for you? Love, love, love, to write when it’s raining so even though I’ve wanted to, I’ve refused to write this summer and fall to focus on marketing, but come winter and the rain, I will be working on a new series. I’ve got a notebook of notes and characters named and profiled, just have to start writing it down.
As a whole, I really liked the book. Josh and Melanie clicked with me as a reader and watching their relationship bloom was a real treat. They are both very independent people and when they interacted with the other characters from the previous books, they realized that they are not alone with their feelings toward themselves and how they see each other. For me, that makes for an even more interesting read for Young Adults.
One of the things that I didn’t particular care for was that we were told on several different occasions recaps from the other books and what was going on with the book. It felt redundant and unnecessary for me a reader. I was given an unedited ARC of the book, so I’m hoping that this was fixed in the final copy. On the other hand, the pacing and the flow were good and easy to follow. The recaps to me were just little speed bumps.
Overall, I thought it was good. Josh and Melanie captured my heart and I can’t wait to read the final book in this excellent series from T. Lynne. The ending left questions and open-ended issues that will make for a great read in the last installment.
Amazon (Kindle Edition): http://www.amazon.com/Bloodstone-Heart-Blood-Series-ebook/dp/B003YCPGEG
Amazon (Paperback): http://www.amazon.com/Bloodstone-Heart-T-Lynne-Tolles/dp/1453804269
B&N (Nook Book): http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bloodstone-heart-t-lynne-tolles/1103093633